The Netherlands has always been a popular destination for international students seeking to pursue their higher education.
With a wide range of programs offered in English and a high quality of life, it’s no wonder that more than 85,000 international students choose to study in the Netherlands every year.
However, pursuing higher education abroad can be expensive, which is why scholarships play a crucial role in enabling students to achieve their academic dreams.
In this article, we will be discussing the Netherlands Government Scholarships and how they can help you fund your education in the country.
What are Netherlands Government Scholarships?
The Netherlands Government Scholarships are fully-funded scholarships that are awarded to international students who wish to pursue a bachelor’s or master’s degree, or a PhD, in the Netherlands.
The scholarships are funded by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture, and Science, and are available to students from over 70 countries.
The scholarships cover the full tuition fees, living expenses, and other expenses such as travel, insurance, and visa costs. They also provide additional benefits such as an allowance for books and other study materials, as well as a contribution towards the cost of extracurricular activities.
Types of Netherlands Government Scholarships
There are several types of Netherlands Government Scholarships that international students can apply for. Here are some of the most popular ones:
- Holland Scholarship: This scholarship is available to non-EEA (European Economic Area) students who wish to pursue a bachelor’s or master’s degree in the Netherlands. The scholarship provides a one-time payment of €5,000 to cover tuition fees and living expenses.
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarship: This scholarship is available to students who wish to pursue a master’s or PhD program in one of the participating European universities. The scholarship covers tuition fees, living expenses, and other costs such as travel and insurance.
- Orange Knowledge Program Scholarship: This scholarship is available to students from developing countries who wish to pursue a master’s or PhD program in the Netherlands. The scholarship covers tuition fees, living expenses, and other costs such as travel and insurance.
How to Apply for Netherlands Government Scholarships
To apply for Netherlands Government Scholarships, international students must first apply for admission to a Dutch university or institution.
Once they have been accepted, they can apply for the scholarship through the university or institution’s website.
The application process for Netherlands Government Scholarships varies depending on the type of scholarship. Generally, applicants are required to provide the following documents:
- Proof of academic excellence (such as transcripts and diplomas)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Letter of motivation
- Letters of recommendation
- English language proficiency test scores (such as IELTS or TOEFL)
The application deadline for Netherlands Government Scholarships varies depending on the type of scholarship and the university or institution. It is important to check the deadline for each scholarship and ensure that all the required documents are submitted before the deadline.