Are you considering pursuing higher education in Eswatini? The University of Eswatini, formerly known as the University of Swaziland, is the premier higher education institution in the country.
With over 10,000 students enrolled in various programs, the university offers a range of undergraduate, postgraduate, and professional courses.
In this article, we will take a closer look at the University of Eswatini courses, their requirements, and the opportunities they present.
Overview of University of Eswatini Courses
The University of Eswatini offers a diverse range of courses across several faculties. These include:
Faculty of Agriculture
The Faculty of Agriculture offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in:
- Agricultural Science
- Agricultural Education and Extension
- Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness Management
Faculty of Commerce, Administration, and Law
The Faculty of Commerce, Administration, and Law offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in:
- Business Administration
- Human Resource Management
- Public Administration
Faculty of Education
The Faculty of Education offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in:
- Education Management and Leadership
- Education Psychology
Faculty of Humanities
The Faculty of Humanities offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in:
- Development Studies
- English Language and Literature
- Indigenous Knowledge Systems
- Language and Linguistics
- Political Science and Public Administration
- Sociology and Anthropology
Faculty of Science
The Faculty of Science offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in:
- Biological Sciences
- Computer Science
- Environmental Science and Management
- Mathematics and Applied Mathematics
Institute of Distance Education
The Institute of Distance Education offers distance learning programs across several faculties, including:
Requirements for Admission to University of Eswatini Courses
To be eligible for admission to any of the University of Eswatini courses, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- For undergraduate programs, applicants must have completed secondary school with a minimum of five credits, including English and Mathematics.
- For postgraduate programs, applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Applicants must also meet the specific requirements for the program they wish to apply for, such as minimum GPA, language proficiency, and relevant work experience.
Opportunities for Graduates of University of Eswatini Courses
Graduates of the University of Eswatini courses are equipped with the knowledge, skills, and experience required to excel in their chosen careers. Some of the opportunities available to graduates include:
- Employment opportunities in government and private organizations
- Entrepreneurship and business opportunities
- Further education and research opportunities
- Opportunities to contribute to national and global development