The Ghana National Petroleum Corporation (GNPC) is committed to supporting the development of Ghana’s human resources through the provision of scholarships to qualified Ghanaian students.
The scholarship program is open to students who are pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate studies in various fields of study at recognized universities both locally and internationally.
To be eligible for the GNPC scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Ghanaian citizen
- Have completed Senior High School and obtained a minimum of a credit in three core subjects (English, Mathematics and Integrated Science) and three elective subjects relevant to the field of study.
- Have been admitted to or currently enrolled in a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate program at a recognized university.
- Have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or its equivalent.
- Not be in receipt of any other scholarship or financial assistance from any other organization.
How to Apply
The application process for the GNPC scholarships is as follows:
- Visit the GNPC website and download the scholarship application form.
- Fill in the application form with all the required information and attach all necessary documents.
- Submit the completed application form and documents to the GNPC through the online portal or by mail to the address provided on the website.
The following documents are required to be submitted with the scholarship application form:
- A copy of the applicant’s curriculum vitae (CV)
- A copy of the applicant’s Senior High School certificate or equivalent
- A copy of the applicant’s university admission letter or enrollment certificate
- A copy of the applicant’s academic transcript
- A copy of the applicant’s passport or national ID card
- A copy of the applicant’s birth certificate
- A copy of the applicant’s proof of Ghanaian citizenship
- Two letters of recommendation from reputable sources, such as teachers, professors or employers.
GNPC Scholarships Application Deadline
The deadline for the submission of scholarship applications is usually announced on the GNPC website. It is important to note that late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
The selection of scholarship recipients is based on the following criteria:
- Academic performance
- Financial need
- Relevance of the field of study to the operations of GNPC
The selection committee will review all applications and select the most qualified candidates for the scholarship. Successful applicants will be notified of their selection and given further instructions on how to proceed with the scholarship process.
Terms and Conditions
Recipients of the GNPC scholarships are required to adhere to the following terms and conditions:
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 throughout the duration of the scholarship
- Submit progress reports to GNPC at the end of every semester
- Participate in GNPC-organized activities and events
- Return to Ghana upon completion of studies to work for GNPC for a period of time equivalent to the duration of the scholarship.
The GNPC scholarships provide a great opportunity for qualified Ghanaian students to pursue their education and contribute to the development of Ghana’s human resources.
We encourage all eligible applicants to take advantage of this opportunity and apply for the scholarships.