Ghana is a vibrant country in West Africa, with a rich cultural heritage and an education system that is widely regarded as one of the best in the region.
The universities in Ghana offer a wide range of courses, from arts and humanities to sciences, engineering, and technology.
With the growing demand for quality education, the universities in Ghana are attracting students from all over the world, eager to gain a first-class education and a degree that is globally recognized.
Education System in Ghana
The education system in Ghana is well-established and highly respected, with a long history of producing top-quality graduates.
The system is divided into three levels: primary, secondary, and tertiary education. The primary level lasts for six years, while secondary education lasts for six years, with students taking their final exams, known as the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE), after the sixth year.
The tertiary level is divided into two categories: universities and polytechnics. Universities in Ghana offer a wide range of courses, including arts, humanities, sciences, engineering, and technology.
Polytechnics, on the other hand, offer more technical and vocational courses.
Best Universities in Ghana
- University of Ghana, Legon
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST)
- University of Cape Coast (UCC)
- Ashesi University
- University of Education, Winneba (UEW)
- University for Development Studies (UDS)
- University of Professional Studies, Accra (UPSA)
- University of Mines and Technology (UMaT)
- Central University, Ghana
- Garden City University College